Along with the industry recognition, our winners will participate in an internship, giving them the opportunity to gain hands-on experience of branding design and manufacturing for denim brands globally.
The judging panel consisted of global brands including Mavi, Ralph Lauren, Swarovski and more. Our own Hannah White, global senior manager, Marketing Communications, Apparel and RFID, was also on the panel.
Interested in learning more about our emerging designers?
Read recent news of our successful collaborations with Mimi Wade, Christopher Raeburn and Astrid Andersen.
Winners for the other key categories included:
Renovated Denim Icons Award
Anna Biotti, IUAV Design della moda
From an in-depth study of the evolution of denim and a thorough analysis of indigo history, they created their own denim icon.
Joona Rautiainen, Aalto University School of Arts, Design and Architecture
Designers were required to create garments inspired by activewear using ISKO™ fabrics: ISKO BLUEJYM™, ISKO FUTURE FACE™, JEGGINGS™, ISKO XMEN’S™, ISKO BLUESKIN™.
Ester Rigato IUAV Design della moda awarded by Haikure!
Students experimented with ISKO JOOL™, a new fabric that mixes denim and wool.
Other award winners:
DENIM DESIGN AWARD
- Swarovski Award: Ester Rigato (IUAV)
- Vogue Talents Special Mention: Elena Trukhina (ESMOD Munich)
- Best U.S.A. Designer Award: Danielle Thaxton (FIDM), presented by Ralph Lauren
- Special Prize Yuka Yamada (BUNKA Fashion college)
- Overall winner Denim Design Award: Ester Rigato, IUAV.
DENIM MARKETING AWARD
- Winner of the Jool mood for the Denim Marketing Award: team led by Francesco Diomedi, Milano Fashion Institute
Various third party trademarks or trade names are used herein and are the property of their prospective owners.